The competition tasks are based on the Vocational qualification in Information and Communications Technology. The qualification title of the basic qualification is Software Developer.
The professional who has completed the qualification may work in web and software development related positions at software companies, the public sector, advertising agencies, or similar companies.
Description of the skill category
Web Development is a versatile skill in which competitors are required to have the ability to build and implement responsive web applications that are pleasant to use and technically functional. The competitor must be well acquainted with the different stages of the web application production process.
The competition is individual.
The competitor must be able to create an accurate understanding of the customer, the information content and services of the service, the target group of users and the key business idea.
The competitor must be able to produce a wireframe for the site, a layout plan for the basic and / or front page interface, determine the technologies used to create the site (programming languages, software, etc.).
The competitor compiles the web application using different technologies and programs. The competitor tests the functionality of the application with different browsers, terminals and validators. The competitor publishes the application to the server and presents the application to the client. The competitor must manage the server-side and the database.
The competitor makes the documentation required for the maintenance of the application and guides the customer in the implementation and use of the service. The competitor must have the interaction skills needed for teamwork and, in a competitive situation, express entrepreneurship in their way. In his work, he must consider the ergonomic aspects related to his well-being at work.
In addition to the previously mentioned requirements, a successful competitor is also able to:
- take into account information security and the most common standards in the industry
- implement the application using a ready-made design and / or layouts
- take into account current industry trends and standards
- take into account the accessibility and usability of the application
- build and implement web applications that are accessed via a browser
- produce and / or utilize the media files required for the application
- create interactive elements for the application, such as animations etc.
- have project management and teamwork skills
- have problem-solving skills
- integrates the application with social media
- take advantage of version control.
Skill steering group
- Veera Soininen, Savon koulutuskuntayhtymä Sakky
- Teemu Turunen, Savon koulutuskuntayhtymä Sakky
- Abdihakim Yasin Ararse, Espoon seudun koulutuskuntayhtymä Omnia
- Marko Kairinen, Turun ammatti-instituutti
- Mikko Suomalainen, Turun ammatti-instituutti
- Margit Tennosaar, Business College Helsinki
- Matti Seise, Business College Helsinki
- Laura Järvinen, Business College Helsinki
- Tomi Ahokas, Opetushallitus
- Jari Leivo, Pohjois-Karjalan koulutuskuntayhtymä Riveria