The competition tasks of this skill category are based on the Vocational qualification in electrical engineering and automation technology. The qualification titles of the basic qualification are automaatioasentaja (automation assembler) and sähköasentaja (electrician).
The professional who have completed this qualification works according to the competence area for example in production, distribution and transmission of electricity, electrification and in electrical installations, repairs and maintenance, as well as in professional tasks of automation and maintenance.
Description of the skill category
The skill category is based on the specialisations of an electrician and automation assembler of the vocational qualification in electrical engineering and automation technology as well as on the requirements of working life for a young worker. An automation assembler works in installation, use and maintenance tasks in industrial plants and companies that provide electrical/automation subcontracting services. Depending on the job description, the tasks may include field device installations and maintenance of various systems in industry, installation of automation equipment in properties as well as installation, programming and repair of various low-current systems.
The skill category is based on the requirements and criteria of ”Excellent” of vocational qualification in electrical engineering and automation technology. The competition tasks are based on the tasks related to an electrician’s and automation assembler’s work in industry.
The competition is individual.
In competition tasks special emphasis is put on the dynamic competence in form of problem-solving. The tasks include challenges concerning material choice, installation, commissioning and inspecting in the following areas:
- electrical and automation installations in industry
- installation of electric motors and distribution switchboards
- installation of field devices
- logic installations and field buses
- understanding the operation of control circuits
- testing, fault finding and maintenance
- documentation of changes
Moreover, in the competition is emphasized:
- skills of occupational safety and health
- work safety, ergonomics, maintaining the functional ability – keeping up the alertness level / pausing, healthy snacks
- the work safety is emphasized; use of personal protection equipment is compulsory and an unconditional requirement for stepping into competition area.
Skill steering group
- Kim Turtiainen, Savon koulutuskuntayhtymä Sakky
- Eino Kuosmanen, Savon koulutuskuntayhtymä Sakky
- Harri Mäkitalo
- Eero Matintalo
- Ville Torvinen, Siemens
- Jarmo Kainumaa, Länsi-Uudenmaan koulutuskuntayhtymä Luksia
- Kari Hyvönen, Ouman
- Tomi Ahokas, Opetushallitus
- Timo Lehmusvuori, Careeria Oy
- Markku Lasarov