IT Network Systems Administration
The competition tasks of this skill category are based on the Vocational qualification in information and telecommunications technology. The qualification titles of the basic qualification are IT-tukihenkilö (IT support person) and tietoverkkoasentaja (data network installer).
Tasks may include, for example, telecommunication cabling, installation of telecommunication and computer devices as well as information systems, commissioning and maintenance and customer service work related to maintenance and installation and Service Desk.
Description of the skill category
The competition tasks are based on the assessment criteria of ”Excellent” of the vocational qualification requirements for an ICT technician. In the competition IT professionals implement a modular customer task. The competitors’ skills in hardware and software assembly and in system maintenance are tested in the task.
A good knowledge of oral and written English is expected from the competitors. The software and source material used in the competition will mainly be in English. The competition tasks will be in Finnish. If there are Swedish-speaking competitors in the finals they will be provided with tasks in Swedish.
The competition is individual.
- install, assemble, update and maintain computers
- install, configure and update operating systems of computers
- install, configure and update software
- plan a local area network according to requirements (physical planning, sharing of IP addresses)
- cable and switch a local area network according to the standards (optical fibre, copper and wireless)
- install, configure, update and maintain the active equipment of the local area network
- install, configure and maintain servers with basic and additional services
- operate as the main user of the network
- install and configure the workstations of the local area network
- commission and configure of cloud services
- commission and configure of mobile equipment
- carry out and maintain required documentations
- observe general safety regulation of the field and work safety
- ensure and maintain information security
- observe electrical safety regulation
- search, compile and utilize information
- problem solving skills
- customer service skills.
Skill steering group
- Marko Miettinen, Savon koulutuskuntayhtymä Sakky
- Matti Hallikainen, Savon koulutuskuntayhtymä Sakky
- Erkki Oja, Espoon seudun koulutuskuntayhtymä Omnia
- Timo Räsänen, Espoon seudun koulutuskuntayhtymä Omnia
- Marianna Virtanen, Turun ammatti-instituutti
- Markus Metsäranta, Turun ammatti-instituutti
- Mikko Lundahl, Turun ammatti-instituutti
- Mikko Hiltunen, Koulutuskuntayhtymä OSAO
- Markus Lintuala, Elisa Oyj
- Mika Vilpo, Elisa Oyj
- Tomi Ahokas, Opetushallitus
- Jesse Eskelinen, Enter SystemSolutions Oy
- Pyry Nordström, Enter SystemSolutions Oy