Health and Social Care
The competition tasks are based on the Vocational qualification in Health and Social Care. The qualification title of the basic qualification is practical nurse.
Practical nurses can work, depending on the competence area, for example in health care centre, hospital, home care, day care centre, home for elderly, rehabilitation institute, dental clinic, beauty salon or nursing homes for disabled.
Description of the skill category
Practical nurses who have completed the Vocational qualification in social and health care work with people and for people. Practical nurses know how to meet clients of different ages as individuals and promote their health and well-being. Practical nurses perform nursing, care, education and rehabilitation tasks in the social and health care sector.
The competition tasks are based on the requirements for the grade Excellent in the vocational qualification in Social and Health Care.
The competition in this skill category is individual.
A successful competitor is able to work with people of different ages, in different life situations and different backgrounds.
The skill requirements are based on the Vocational qualification in social and health care. For the practical nurses, the competition tasks focus on the following compulsory modules of the qualification: Promoting growth and participation and Promoting wellbeing and functional capacity. For the emergency practical nurses, the tasks focus on the compulsory units Promotion of health, safety and wellbeing and Maintaining and promoting functional capacity.
Skill steering group
- Hanna Arstila, Savon koulutuskuntayhtymä Sakky
- Maarit Kiviholma, Savon koulutuskuntayhtymä Sakky
- Inke Alaja, Espoon seudun koulutuskuntayhtymä Omnia
- Kirsi Hellman-Suominen, Turun ammatti-instituutti
- Mirja Pylvänäinen, Turun ammatti-instituutti
- Johanna Lind, Axxell
- Kirsi Coco, Tehy
- Kati Minkkinen, Etelä-Karjalan koulutuskuntayhtymä Edusampo
- Tommy Björklund, Yrkesakademin i Österbotten
- Tanja Oksanen, Super
- Jani Harinen, Pohjois-Savon hyvinvointialue
- Piia Kuismin, Varkauden kaupunki
- Heidi Tähti, Attendo
- Tiina Arppe, Settlementti Puijola
- Dinah Arifulla, Opetushallitus
- Ida Mustonen, Kuopion yliopistollinen sairaala
- Kari Nieminen, Jyväskylän koulutuskuntayhtymä Gradia
- Jaana Niare, JHL
- Maria Kumpuoja, Turun ammatti-instituutti