The competition tasks of this skill category are based on the Vocational qualification in Mechanical Engineering and Production Technology. Competence area is in Assembly and Automation. the qualification title of the basic qualification is Mechanical Fitter.
The workplace may be in the production environments of the technology, paper and food production industries.
Description of the skill category
The skill category is based on the vocational qualification in Mechanical Engineering and Production Technology as well as on the requirements of working life for a young worker.
Mechanical fitters work in tasks involving installation and assembling of different mechanical equipment and machines in industry, repair shops or the customer’s facilities.
Mechanical fitters are able to apply mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics in their work.
They can install machines and equipment, service them, and participate in the introduction and repairs of equipment.
The competition is individual.
In competition tasks special emphasis is put on the dynamic competence in form of problem-solving.
The tasks include challenges concerning material choice, installation, commissioning and inspecting in the following areas:
- Reading and understanding mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams
- Completing of mechanical installations and bearing
- Installation tasks of hydraulic and pneumatic
- Problem solving
Moreover, in the competition is emphasized:
- skills of occupational safety and health
- work safety, ergonomics, maintaining the functional ability
- the work safety is emphasized; use of personal protection equipment is compulsory and an unconditional requirement for stepping into competition area.
Skill steering group
- Ari Tolvanen, Savon koulutuskuntayhtymä Sakky
- Miika Vaarasuo, Ylä-Savon ammattiopisto YSAO
- Tommi Backman, Koulutuskuntayhtymä Salpaus
- Veikko Koivukangas, Turun ammatti-instituutti
- Mika Kuusisto, Turun ammatti-instituutti
- Ismo Kumakari, Oy SKF Ab
- Jyrki Mänttäri, Koulutuskuntayhtymä OSAO
- Anssi Mikkola, Koulutuskeskus Salpaus
- Eero Löytömäki, Teollisuusliitto
- Jarmo Partanen, Ponsse Oyj
- Jarno Pöntinen, Opetushallitus
- Ari Vottonen, Pohjois-Karjalan koulutuskuntayhtymä Riveria