The competition tasks are based on the Vocational Qualification in Social and Health Care and the optional studies in Welfare Technology. The qualification title of the basic qualification is practical nurse and basic-level paramedic.
Practical nurses utilise welfare technology when they work, for example, in day care centres, homes for the elderly, supported housing, health care centres, home care and schools.
Description of the skill category
A practical nurse with a Vocational Qualification in Social and Health Care and skills in Welfare Technology works with people while supporting their functional abilities. They utilise a comprehensive set of welfare technology solutions when supporting the clients’ functional abilities, treating illnesses and promoting health in all stages of life.
The competition tasks are based on the requirements of the grade Excellent for the compulsory studies in the Vocational Qualification in Social and Health Care and the optional studies in Welfare Technology.
The competition is individual and has no age-limit.
Excellent level competence in the compulsory parts of the qualification and in the optional module Well-being Technology in Promoting Functional Capacity.
Successful contestants must be able to:
- plan the use of well-being technology in client work
- use the methods, tools and materials of well-being technology to promote the client’s functional capacity and examination
- use interactive skills in client work
- guide clients in using services related to acquiring and using well-being technology
- promote safety
- maintain their well-being and ability to work
- evaluate and develop their work.
Skill steering group
- Liisa Korhonen, Savon koulutuskuntayhtymä Sakky
- Jaana Heiskanen, Savon koulutuskuntayhtymä Sakky
- Angela Aalto, Espoon seudun koulutuskuntayhtymä Omnia
- Minna Ikiviita, Turun ammatti-instituutti
- Jenni Suonpää, Turun ammatti-instituutti
- Sonja Fraile, Yrkesinstitutet Prakticum
- Jenny Calenius, Yrkesinstitutet Prakticum
- Anne Lindgren, Tehy
- Sari Ojajärvi, Super
- Tico Svart, Super
- Irene Huupponen, Pohjois-Savon hyvinvointialue
- Tomi Ahokas, Opetushallitus
- Sari Pasanen, Live-säätiö
- Tarja Väisänen, Savon koulutuskuntayhtymä Sakky
- Riikka Saurio, Lappeenrannan yliopisto LUT