The competition tasks of this skill category are based on the Vocational qualification in Agriculture. The qualification titles of the basic qualification are Animal Attendant.
Animal attendants who have completed the competence area in animal husbandry know how to care for and breed animals in different kinds of animal husbandry enterprises. Animal attendants are qualified to set up an animal husbandry enterprise or work as an animal attendant on a farm, as a farm relief worker, in a petting zoo or a zoo, and in research institutes, animal clinics, and other enterprises in the animal sector.
Description of the skill category
The competition tasks are based on the requirements of the vocational qualification in Agriculture.
The tasks are based on care and welfare of production animals and small animals. They include animal nutrition, vital functions of animals and health care. Skill requirements are in the level “excellent” of the assessment scale.
Competition is individual.
Successful competitor knows how to maintenance animal welfare in different circumstances and different kinds of animal husbandry enterprises. Competitor knows the species-specific behavior and the basic needs of animals and can avail the information and skills in animal care. The competitor must know how to treat animals ethically and with responsibly.
In addition to good animal care skills, a successful competitor is responsible, initiative, quality-aware, owns good skills for co-operation and works with the principles of sustainable development.
Skill steering group
- Päivi Kallionpää, Ylä-Savon ammattiopisto YSAO
- Laura Leinonen, Ylä-Savon ammattiopisto YSAO
- Mari Pukkila, Keski-Uudenmaan koulutuskuntayhtymä Keuda
- Leena Eklöf, Ammattiopisto Livia
- Taru Tukia, Ammattiopisto Livia
- Kaisu Korhonen, Kainuun ammattiopisto KAO
- Karita Kauppinen
- Sari Kokko, Royal Canin
- Maarit Hietanen, Feedex
- Marjatta Säisä, Opetushallitus
- Eveliina Pekkarinen, Faba
- Ilkka Mehtälä, Koulutuskuntayhtymä OSAO
- Piritta Pärssinen, Keski-Pohjanmaan koulutuskuntayhtymä Kpedu
- Sari Kolehmainen, Pohjois-Karjalan koulutuskuntayhtymä Riveria