The tasks of this category are based on the vocational qualifications in machine and production technology as well as electrical engineering and automation technology. The qualification title of the vocational qualification is automation assembler or machine automation assembler.
Description of the skill category
Discrete automation includes mechanical devices, e.g. hydraulics and pneumatics as well as electrical technology/electronics. The professions of the field require competence in mechanical engineering and production technology as well as competence in electrical engineering and automation technology
Automation assemblers usually work in manufacturing, process or property automation jobs as well as in automation applications of the new generation, among other IoT (Internet of Things).
Their work includes installation, control, maintenance and commissioning tasks. They have to be familiar with the products of several different manufacturers of equipment, components and control systems and know how to install, connect, use and program them. These include e.g. programmable logics, settable and parametrizable sensors, machine vision sensors, touch-sensitive screens, industry robots, frequency transformers, pneumatic components, devices related to machine safety as well as different installation equipment.
The competition is a pair competition.
The competition tasks are based on the requirements and criteria of ”Excellent” in study programs of automation technology and maintenance of the Vocational qualification in electrical engineering and automation technology and the Vocational qualification in mechanical engineering and production technology as well as the requirements of working life for a young worker.
Skill steering grooup
- Juha Ahanen, Turun ammatti-instituutti
- Sampsa Paasisalo, SMC Automation Oy
- Pauli Isoaho, Espoon seudun koulutuskuntayhtymä Omnia
- Timo Witikainen, Espoon seudun koulutuskuntayhtymä Omnia
- Mika Vainiotalo, Turun ammatti-instituutti
- Hannu Hyvärinen, Pohjois-Karjalan koulutuskuntayhtymä Riveria
- Jari Saarinen, Satakunnan ammattikorkeakoulu
- Jarno Pöntinen, Opetushallitus
- Tomi Ahokas, Opetushallitus
- Jesse Sanden, Turun ammatti-instituutti