The competition tasks of this skill category are based on the Vocational qualification in mechanical engineering and production technology. The qualification titles of the basic qualification are automation assembler, mechanical fitter, machinist, plater-welder and maker of plastic and rubber products.
The professionals who have completed this qualification work according to the competence area for example in machine shop of a company in machine and metal industry, workshop, at yard, in repair shops or factory in different kinds of installation, automation and assembling tasks as well as filling and maintenance of machinery.
Description of the skill category
The competition tasks of this skill category are based on the requirements and criteria of ”Excellent” in the competence area for plater-welder of the Vocational qualification in mechanical engineering and production technology. The competitors are given work drawings and instructions concerning the competition tasks to be manufactured (written and/or oral, also in Swedish if necessary). After that a competitor carries out the competition work of materials reserved.
The competition is individual.
A successful competitor masters the following areas:
- understands the working drawings, measures, tolerances and welding markings
- has knowledge of materials and welding consumables, handling skills, steels, stainless
- welding skills according to the qualification requirements, welding processes 135, 136, 111, 141
- thermal cutting, plasma cutting or flame cutting (with the equipment of type AGA X11)
- plate bending manually and with machine
- mastering of basic machines and tools of metal field
- economy and cost-awareness
- assessment skills of lifelong learning
- observing work-safety, ergonomics, work ability maintenance and the principles of sustainable development
Skill steering group
- Juha Kauhanen, Savon koulutuskuntayhtymä Sakky
- Tero Miettinen, Savon koulutuskuntayhtymä Sakky
- Joni Tuuri, Espoon seudun koulutuskuntayhtymä Omnia
- Iiro Aaltonen, Lounais-Suomen koulutuskuntayhtymä Novida
- Jari Heino, Lounais-Suomen koulutuskuntayhtymä Novida
- Matti Suihkonen, Etelä-Savon ammattiopisto Esedu
- Mauri Liekola, Jokilaaksojen koulutuskuntayhtymä JEDU
- Peter Stagnäs, Vamia
- Keijo Kivioja, Koulutuskuntayhtymä OSAO
- Mikko Suominen, Kemppi Oy
- Seppo Nissinen, Kemppi Oy
- Jarno Pöntinen, Opetushallitus
- Jyrki Kuisma, Jyväskylän koulutuskuntayhtymä Gradia